Email: Sameer @ Chavan.me
- Rich 14years of industry experience with 12 years in working on Interaction Design, User Research & Usability Testing, predominantly with highly admired multinational companies – Intel, LG R&D (Korea), Oracle, Siemens, Mahindra Satyam & Info Edge
- Last worked as Chief Researcher and UX Designer for LG R&D Labs, Seoul, Korea. Worked on Future Mobile themes and ideations. Conducted user research in London & S.Korea.
- Previously worked as Vice President –User Experience with Info Edge (naukri.com) in setting up UX team, defining Design directions & Product strategy, reporting to CEO. Headed user experience team for all Info Edge business – naukri.com (jobs), jeevansathi.com (matrimony), 99acres.com(real estate), brijj.com (social), shiksha.com (education), etc. Setup Usability testing and user research department.
- In the past, worked as Manager UX at Oracle reporting to VP User Experience. Involved in drafting UI standards and patterns. Built Oracle’s first Usability Lab in India.
- Well familiar with Mobile Research for forecasting HCI technologies, user trends, expert insights, next generation smart phone UI.
- Expert in E-commerce and Consumer website strategy and design. Designed & Delivered ecommerce sites from scratch to profitability.
- Designed complex Enterprise Applications for SAP and Oracle. Wrote UI standards, conducted Usability tests and defined Graphic Art directions.
Areas of Specialization
- Usability of Software and Products interfaces. Expert in Interaction design, Usability testing, HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Ethnography, Heuristic review, Rapid Prototyping, Humanfactors & Ergonomics.
- User Interaction (UI) Design for Enterprise Applications. Mobile touch screens , Gestures based designs, Speech Interaction design, Multimodal Interactions, Augmented Reality, Context Aware Interactions.
- Expert in Accessibility ( US 508 Accessibility standards)
- Well familiar with UI Standards and Patterns for Mobile, Web Applications, Rich Java & Desktop Applications
- Conduct UCD Training and workshops
- Expert in Design Management, UX Strategy, Institutionalizing UCD Process, Product management, Requirement gathering, User study and research, and Project management.
- UIE Conference - UX Immersion at Portland, USA - May 2012
- IXDA Conference at Dublin, Ireland – Feb 2012
- Attended Mobile User Experience conference, London. Nov-2009
- Attended International design research conference, IASDR -SEOUL, Oct 2009
- Founding member & President of UPA Hyderabad
- member of ACM & SIGCHI
- member of UPA US
US & International Patents
- Pending US Patent on UI Design on “Simplifying Interaction With Multiple Applications“ . Filed date: 2007
- Pending International patent on Smart TV filed at http://www.wipo.int/ . Filed date; 7/6/2010
Published Paper & Articles
- Task description for usability testing” published paper for HCII2007, China
- Opportunity for Industrial Engineers in Human Computer Interaction” (Word ) article in theglobaleducator magazine – Sept 2006
- Culture & Usability in Enterprise Applications” paper presentation at IIT Guwahati, – May 2006
- What is HCI” (PDF -448kb) an article published in Indian magazine, “DeveloperIQ” – April 2006
- Standards Based Approach for Software User Interface Design” CHI paper presentation at Easy6 conference, Bangalore. – Jan 2006,
- Virtual or Remote Collaboration” , a presentation at UPA, MNconference.- Aug 2003
- Product Design- a Presentation at Design conference, pune India – Feb 2004
- Need for Usability / ROI for Usability “ a presentation at CHI chapter, Pune India – Mar 2003
- Design process- a workshop at KBP College of Engg, Satara, India. – Sept 1999
- Cognitive analysis and chaos theory for Fire rescue. Product design of such system. IIT bombay M.Des final thesis – June1999
- Characters in Bond movies. An M.des special subject presentation on Art and motion pictures- Nov 1998
- Form design in clay. An M.des special subject presentation. – Mar 1998
- Design of spray pond system for max heat transfer. PVPIT final thesis- April 1995
- Master’s in Industrial Design from Industrial Design Center, Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai India.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering fromPVP Institute of Technology, Sangli India.
External Training and Workshops attended
- Mobile Form Input workshop by luke wroblewski - Portland 2012
- IASRD2009 , Design Researcher conference , Seoul
- Designing for mobile, workshop at Mobile conference , London 2009
- Workshops on HCI & UCD conducted by IIT andHumanfactors
- VIT Conference on HCI, Pune. Invited Speaker - 2008
- UMO Conference at Hyderabad. Invited speaker - 2007
- UPA2006 conference in Denver & UPA chapter meet at Minnesota, USA
- IHCI 2004, Rashmi Sinha’s “Design for strangers”,
- Easy2005, Easy 2006 conferences(Won design contest )